Select a facility below to access the full website.
Serving Central Florida for more than 50 years. Our team specializes in cardiology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally invasive surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics and stroke care.Learn more
Located in the heart of Florida's friendliest hometown. Offering 24-hour emergency and surgical services, orthopedics, cardiovascular care, diagnostic imaging services and a designated Stroke Center.Learn more
An acute inpatient rehabilitation facility for patients who suffer from chronic conditions including, but not limited to, stroke, spinal cord injury, amputation, brain injury, neurological disorders, and knee or hip replacement.Learn more
About Central Florida Health
Board of Directors
- Gregory R. Lewis, Chairperson
- Roger A. Beyers, Vice Chairperson
- Diane B. Spencer, Secretary
- Lindsey M. Blaise, Treasurer
- Janet B. Bolivar
- Shahbaz A. Cheema, MD
- Russell J. D'Emidio
- Don V. Hahnfeldt
- Shivakumar S. Hanubal, MD
- George E. Kainz, MD
- George F. McCabe
- Kenneth A. Sampong, MD
- David L. Sustarsic, MD
- Terry R. Upton
- Amanda J. Wettstein
- Robert Q. Williams, Esq.
Medical staff officers at Leesburg Regional Medical Center
- Sandeep K. Thaper, MD, President
- Manuel Alvarado, MD, Vice president
Medical staff officers at The Villages® Regional Hospital
- Cedric Tankson, MD, President
- Jose Rosado, MD, Vice President
- Don Henderson, FACHE President and Chief Executive Officer Central Florida Health
- Saad Ehtisham, FACHE Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Central Florida Health
- Diane Harden Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Central Florida Health
- Phyllis Baum, RN, MBA Vice President and Chief Quality Officer Central Florida Health
- Phil Braun Vice President and Chief Counsel Central Florida Health
- Alex Chang, FACHE Vice President of Support Services Central Florida Health
- Bill Pfingsten, FACHE, MBA Vice President of Ambulatory Services Central Florida Health
- Michael Pittman, RN, MBA Chief Clinical Officer The Villages® Regional Hospital
- Amie Richason Vice President of Human Resources Central Florida Health
- Dave Steele Vice President and Chief Information Officer Central Florida Health
Our mission at Central Florida Health is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities we serve.
To fulfill our mission, Central Florida Health must be recognized as meeting each of the following pillars of excellence:
- Growth–provider of choice.
- People–employer of choice.
- Safety–safest hospital.
- Service–highest in satisfaction.
- Quality–exceed standards of care.
- Financial–most cost-effective.
History of Central Florida Health
Central Florida Health (CFH) is a locally owned and governed not-for-profit healthcare system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of healthcare services in the region. CFH provides services to Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at The Villages® Regional Hospital and Leesburg Regional Medical Center, inpatient rehabilitation services at TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital and diagnostic laboratory services at several locations.
CFH takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve.
Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC) is a 300-bed acute care hospital that has served Leesburg and the surrounding communities for more than 50 years. As Lake County's largest tertiary care hospital, LRMC offers advanced cardiac care at its Heart Institute, which includes one of the largest open-heart programs in Florida. The hospital also specializes in minimally-invasive surgeries, women's services, orthopedics, stroke care, pediatrics, neurosurgery and more.
The Villages® Regional Hospital (TVRH) includes a 300-bed acute care hospital which has more than tripled in size since opening in 2002. Located in the heart of The Villages®, the country's premier active adult retirement community, TVRH offers high quality medical services accessible by golf car. The hospital's growing array of specialty services includes robotic surgery, cardiac care, orthopedics, stroke care, neurosurgery and more. Located on the hospital's fifth floor, the TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital offers inpatient rehabilitation treatment for patients who have had a stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorder.