Select a facility below to access the full website.
Serving Central Florida for more than 50 years. Our team specializes in cardiology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally invasive surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics and stroke care.Learn more
Located in the heart of Florida's friendliest hometown. Offering 24-hour emergency and surgical services, orthopedics, cardiovascular care, diagnostic imaging services and a designated Stroke Center.Learn more
About Central Florida Health
Board of Directors
- Gregory R. Lewis, Chairperson
- Roger A. Beyers, Vice Chairperson
- Diane B. Spencer, Secretary
- Lindsey M. Blaise, Treasurer
- Janet B. Bolivar
- Shahbaz A. Cheema, MD
- Russell J. D'Emidio
- Don V. Hahnfeldt
- Shivakumar S. Hanubal, MD
- George E. Kainz, MD
- George F. McCabe
- Kenneth A. Sampong, MD
- David L. Sustarsic, MD
- Terry R. Upton
- Amanda J. Wettstein
- Robert Q. Williams, Esq.
Medical staff officers at Leesburg Regional Medical Center
- Sandeep K. Thaper, MD, President
- Manuel Alvarado, MD, Vice president
Medical staff officers at The Villages® Regional Hospital
- Cedric Tankson, MD, President
- Jose Rosado, MD, Vice President
- Don Henderson, FACHE President and Chief Executive Officer
- Saad Ehtisham, FACHE Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Diane Harden, CPA Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Phyllis Baum, RN, MBA Vice President and Chief Quality Officer
- Phil Braun, JD Vice President and Chief Counsel
- Alex Chang, FACHE Vice President of Support Services
- Bill Pfingsten, FACHE Vice President of Ambulatory Services
- Amie Richason Vice President of Human Resources
- Dave Steele Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Michael Pittman, RN, MBA Chief Clinical Officer and Site Administrator at The Villages® Regional Hospital
- Joshua Fleming, RN, BSN, MHA Chief Clinical Officer and Site Administrator at Leesburg Regional Medical Center
Our mission at Central Florida Health is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities we serve.
To fulfill our mission, Central Florida Health must be recognized as meeting each of the following pillars of excellence:
- Growth–provider of choice.
- People–employer of choice.
- Safety–safest hospital.
- Service–highest in satisfaction.
- Quality–exceed standards of care.
- Financial–most cost-effective.
History of Central Florida Health
Central Florida Health (CFH) is a locally owned and governed, 605-bed not-for-profit healthcare system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of healthcare services in the region. CFH provides services to Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC) and The Villages® Regional Hospital (TVRH) as well as inpatient rehabilitation services at TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital.
Other components of CFH include:
- Ambulatory surgical care through the Day Surgery Center at Leesburg Regional Medical Center (located in the medical plaza across the street from the hospital’s campus) and The Villages® Regional Hospital's Outpatient Surgery Center (located in the East Campus).
- Urgent care services at the LRMC Urgent Care Center (located on the hospital's campus) and TVRH Urgent Care Center (located on the first floor within the hospital).
- Outpatient laboratory services through Alliance Labs at six locations throughout Lake and Sumter counties.
CFH takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve.
Leesburg Regional Medical Center is a 308-bed acute care hospital that has served Leesburg and the surrounding communities for more than 50 years. As Lake County’s largest tertiary care hospital, LRMC offers advanced cardiac care at its Heart Institute, which includes one of the largest open-heart programs in Florida. The hospital also specializes in minimally-invasive surgeries, women’s services, orthopedics, stroke care, pediatrics, neurosurgery and more.
The Villages® Regional Hospital includes a 297-bed acute care hospital which has more than tripled in size since opening in 2002. Located in the heart of The Villages®, the country’s premier active adult retirement community, TVRH offers high quality medical services accessible by golf car. The hospital's growing array of specialty services includes robotic surgery, cardiac care, orthopedics, stroke care, neurosurgery and more. Located on the hospital’s fifth floor, the TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital offers inpatient rehabilitation treatment for patients who have had a stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorder.